Internet Safety Brochures English Spanish
Here are some safety tips to consider when you go online with your 2-10 year old:
- It’s never too early to foster open and positive communication with children. It’s a good idea to talk with them about computers and to stay open to their questions and curiosity.
- Always sit with your kids at this age when they’re online.
- Set clear rules for Internet use.
- Insist that your children not share personal information such as their real name, address, phone number, or passwords with people they meet online.
- If a site encourages kids to submit their names to personalize the web content, help your kids create online nicknames that don’t give away personal information.
- Use family safety tools to create appropriate profiles for each family member and to help filter the Internet.For more information, see Help keep your family safer or Protecting young people.Help protect your children from offensive pop-up windows by using the pop-up blocker that’s built in to Internet Explorer.
- All family members should act as role models for young children who are just starting to use the Internet.